An essential oils headache helper roll-on is handy for on-the-go headache relief. Keep it in your purse or car and reach for it whenever needed.
You don’t need to be an experienced essential oil user to make your own headache relief roller. The steps and ingredients are simple, and I’ll lay it all out for you in this article.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
If you’re a headache sufferer that’s had a tough time, I hope you’ll give my DIY recipe a try. It smells refreshing, mint-y, and balanced. I hope this headache roller recipe lets you release the tension you’ve been suffering.
Why Essential Oils?
Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts. Many cultures have used oils for centuries to address concerns of health and well-being.
When a headache threatens to take over the day, some people go to their medicine cabinet and take a pill. Over the counter remedies are definitely effective. But, they may also cause undesirable side effects like stomach discomforts or dizziness.
Instead, enjoy the relaxation and natural comforts possible with essential oils. They are a popular alternative to do away with that terrible headache.
All you need are some good quality essential oils, and the knowledge of which particular oil to use to make it work. I’ll show you how!
DIY Essential Oil Headache Rollerball Recipe
If you have essential oils in your home – great! Dig them out, along with a 10 ml empty roller bottle and some Fractionated coconut oil (FCO). Then follow my recipe below to make your own essential oil blend for headaches.
My essential oil headache recipes uses peppermint, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oil to make a wonderful essential oil headache blend. It is diluted in FCO as the carrier oil. Make it into a pre-made roll-on product and say goodbye to your headache!
An essential oil roller recipe is easy enough to make. Plus, supplies are not hard to find!
- 4 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 ml Fractionated coconut oil
Peppermint essential oil especially is designed to make you feel more energized and ready to take on the day instead of feeling exhausted and worn out. Lavender is great for relaxing your mind and body. And Eucalyptus can provide relief from stress and muscle tensions. Should you be missing any of the above oils, please substitute it with some of these other great essential oils for headaches and migraines.
- Open your essential oil roller bottle by using your thumb to take off the topper.
- Add essential oils.
- Top up with Fractionated coconut oil.
- Gently roll the bottle around in the palm of your hands. Do NOT shake.
- Apply as needed to the temples of your forehead, on your neck, or behind your ears.
- Let it sit and absorb into your skin for at least fifteen minutes.
Do not shower or rub off the oils from your body.
Need more help with this DIY roller making task? I do have some more information on making roll-ons.
How to Use Your Essential Oil Roller for Headaches
If you experience regular head pains, you might want to try an essential oil headache recipe. As an all-natural solution, the risk of side effects is very minimal.
Here are some tips for their application:
- The best place to apply your roll-on is on the side temples of your forehead.
- You can also roll it onto the back of your neck, or around the hair line behind your ears.
- Be careful with application on the forehead, so you don’t get any oils into your eyes. Peppermint especially can sting pretty badly when it comes into contact with the eyes.
- Use your roller during the early on-set of symptoms. This helps you get back to feeling relaxed and comfortable as soon as possible.
- It’s a good idea to always have an essential oil headache roll-on at hand. Headaches can creek up on you quickly! When you are under stress or in a panicked situation, you’ll know that your roller bottle is there for you.
I hope that using this essential oils headache helper roll-on makes you feel better.
Ready-Made Headache Rollers
Yes, this is an article about how to make your own headache roll on. Still, I didn’t want to fail to mention my favorite ready-made headache rollers.
If you are looking for an easy and handy solution to help resolve your headaches, these roller bottles might be the choice for you. While a DIY version will likely be cheaper, the ready-made ones aren’t all that expensive to buy, either. Just remember that essential oil headache remedies should never be used in place of conventional medicine.
REVIVE essential oils offers two headache roll-ons that I love and use all the time. One is REVIVE Headache Relief and the other is REVIVE Peppermint Glow. You can roll it on to the back of your neck and after a minute it tingles and feels cool and soothing.
Tension Headache Relief
The Tension Relief essential oil roller from Plant Therapy helps fight off tension headaches the natural way. If your head feels like it’s splitting in half, use this roller to help relieve the tension that you feel throughout your body.
Plant Therapy’s website is great, too. You can order many of the blends that are available in roll-ons, as a simple 10 ml oil bottle, too. This would allow you to make your own massage blend and use Tension Relief more liberally on your upper back, neck, and shoulders area.
The Head Ease synergy roll-on from Edens Garden was blended to ease headache tensions by helping to relax muscles. Made with Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Frankincense, Basil, Chamomile, Ginger, Spearmint and Helichrysum, it’s jam-packed with the best essential oils for headaches.
Natural Headache Remedies
There are a number of other natural headache remedies that can relieve us from headache pain. The effectiveness of these remedies can greatly differ from one person to the other.
- Drinking a tall glass of water should always be your first step of defense against a headache.
- You may get relief from headaches by sleeping it off or taking a power nap.
- Some people find relief after a neck and upper back massage to get rid of the pain.
To help make your symptoms better and get that nasty headache to disappear, use your essential oil headache roller throughout the day. Use it to improve your symptoms and to feel better throughout the day.
By making your own headache roller-ball, you’ll be empowered to find the natural wellness you desire. I think you’ll love the power of being able to address your headache the minute you notice it.
I hope that this essential oil headache roll on recipe is exactly what you need to end your headache. Visit the blog for more DIY essential oil recipes.